- Quality First! was created to improve the early care and education in Arizona so young children can begin school safe, healthy, and ready to succeed. Quality First! will also provide families with information on selecting a quality early care and education setting for their young children.
- Regulated center-based and family child care home providers are eligible to apply for participation in Quality First! ("Regulated" means licensed, certified or monitored by Arizona Department of Health Services, Arizona Department of Economic Security, United States Department of Defense, United States Health and Human Services [Head Start Bureau] or Tribal Governments).
- Quality First! offers support for coaching and child care health consultation, as well as T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® ARIZONA. Scholarships and financial assistance to facilitate program improvement.
- Programs serving infants, toddlers, and/or high numbers of children receiving DES subsidies will be given priority for enrollment into the statewide funded Quality First! system, although all regulated programs will be considered for participation.
- Quality First! addresses the essential indicators of quality early care and education which include safe, enriching environments, positive adult-child interaction and instructional practices, staff qualifications, family engagement, administrative practices and curriculum.
For assistance or more information, please contact:
Quality First Coaching
Sarah Heaslip, Program Coordinator
480-829-0500 x 1118 (Maricopa County)
800-535-4599 x 1118 (Toll Free)
Quality First Assessment
Jennifer Hartwig, Program Coordinator
480-829-0500 x 2241 (Maricopa County)
800-535-4599 x 2241 (Toll Free)
Virginia Maya, Program Coordinator
480-829-0500 x 2226 (Maricopa County)
800-535-4599 x 2226 (Toll Free)
|Join Our Mailing List|